Dr Lisa Adams and Dr Sara MacDermott are joined by Dr Amar Rughani and Dr Joanna Bircher to discuss team working in the context of leadership.
They focus on specific examples of some potential conflicts within the primary care team such as when members of a team do not get on and how to manage interruptions of a surgery.
Listen to the podcast episode on PodBean at https://www.podbean.com/ew/pb-978an-107ec53.
- Amar Rughani and Joanna Bircher (2020): The Leadership Hike, Shaping Primary Care Together, First Edition, CRC Press: https://www.routledge.com/The-Leadership-Hike-Shaping-Primary-Care-Together/Rughani-Bircher/p/book/9780367236984
- Hersey, P & Blanchard KH (2002). Management of Organizational Behaviour: Utilising Human Resources. Classiquese Hachette. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/349881.Management_of_Organizational_Behavior
- Tuckman, B (1965). Team Building Theory, paraphrased here: https://www.teambuilding.co.uk/theory/Forming-Storming-Norming-Performing.html
- West, M A (2012). Effective Teamwork: Practical Lessons from Organizational Research. John Wiley & Sons and the British Psychological Society. https://www.wiley.com/en-gb/Effective+Teamwork%3A+Practical+Lessons+from+Organizational+Research%2C+3rd+Edition-p-9780470974988
- Podcast: The Happiness Lab with Dr Laurie Santos https://www.happinesslab.fm/