Heywood, Middleton & Rochdale Primary Care Academy offer apprenticeships https://www.hmrpca.co.uk/apprenticeships to broaden the scope of training and development for existing staff, whilst attracting new people to improve diversity within the workplace and bridging gaps in Primary Care.
Senior Healthcare Support Workers work in a wide range of healthcare settings and the team they work within may include workers from both health and social care. Apprentices may be based in hospitals, GP surgeries or community settings and will carry out a range of clinical and non-clinical tasks. Senior Healthcare Support Workers will report to a registered healthcare practitioner who will directly or indirectly supervise their work.
What is the length of the apprenticeship programme?
The time taken to complete the Senior Healthcare Support Worker Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard will vary but it must last for a minimum of 18 months based on the student working full-time(30 hrs+ hours per week), if student is part time the programme is lengthened to incorporate this. Bury College work to 24 months (21 month practical period followed by 3 months EPA).
What are the entry requirements?
- Level 1 Functional skill in Maths and English is expected, but candidate will have to complete Level 2 Functional Skill as part of the standard
- Each candidate will be considered and selected on an individual basis by Greater Manchester Training Hub Staff and training provider.
- Applicants who are successful, will be asked to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check by their employing organisation if not already done so for existing staff before they start their studies.
- Apprentices will need to demonstrate that they are of good health and good character prior to enrolment and on an on-going basis throughout theirstudies and career.
Greater Manchester Training Hub is working closely with large organisations to utilise their levy underspend, the Workforce Development Coordinator has created partnerships with CCG’s and HEE to ensure funding is available for upskilling staff within Primary Care.
- Senior Healthcare Support Worker Level 3 Apprenticeship Flyer
- Senior Healthcare Support Worker Level 3 Apprenticeship Expression of Interest Form
- FAQs about the Senior Healthcare Support Worker Level 3 Apprenticeship
If you would like to be considered for this development opportunity please carefully read the flyer, the FAQs, complete the Expression of Interest Form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org.