Dr Lisa Adams and Dr Sara MacDermott talk to Dr Adam Abbs about remote consultations for general practitioners. Dr Abbs is a GP who has written a handbook about remote consulting which has been accredited by the RCGP.
Remote consulting has been in our lives for quite some time now, and this doesn’t look likely to change anytime soon so we thought it was worth getting some more hints and tips to make us all the best remote consulters that we can be.
The podcast explores common pitfalls, how to do some examinations remotely and a couple of special situations such as care homes and patients with visual or hearing impairments.
Listen to the podcast episode on PodBean at https://www.pckb.org/e/remote-consultations/
- Primary Care Pathways Website, Remote Consulting: https://primarycarepathways.co.uk/covid-19/clinical-assessment/resources-to-support-remote-working-for-doctors
- EGP Learning: https://egplearning.co.uk/
- Remote Consultations Handbook: https://www.archealth.io/handbook
- GMC Remote Consultations: https://www.gmc-uk.org/ethical-guidance/ethical-hub/remote-consultations
- Healthier Together Website: https://what0-18.nhs.uk/professionals/gp-primary-care-staff/clinical-pathways-remote-assessment