As part of their mini-series in Primary Care New Roles, Dr Lisa Adams and Dr Sara MacDermott spoke with Physician Associate Ricky Staniland to get an idea of how he became a Physician Associate in General Practice and what his role includes at present. Definite learning points were just how varied and useful physician associates can be in practice. As part of her role as Clinical Director of Primary Care Workforce, Dr Ali Lea joins the discussion.
Listen to the podcast episode on PodBean at https://www.podbean.com/ew/pb-p3gmc-fa0ce2
For further information on the role of physician associates, please visit https://gmprimarycarecareers.org.uk/generalpractice/careers/physician-associate/
- Greater Manchester Primary Care Careers: https://gmprimarycarecareers.org.uk/jobs/
- Health Education England: Physician Associates in Primary Care: (Resource link for Physician Associates interesting in General Practice and for General Practitioners and Practice Managers interested in taking on Physician Associates): https://www.hee.nhs.uk/our-work/primary-care/physician-associates-primary-care
- North West Physician Associate Training Programmes: https://www.nwpgmd.nhs.uk/physician_associate
- Greater Manchester GP Excellence Resources: https://gpexcellencegm.org.uk/
- Greater Manchester Training Hub: https://www.gmthub.co.uk