In this episode Dr Lisa Adams and Dr Sara MacDermott speak to Laura Butroid, a pharmacy technician who is working in primary care.
She gives insights into the varied roles of a pharmacy technician within primary care, and how this differs from a pharmacist. She also discusses what the training looks like and what the supervision and registration side entails.
Listen to the podcast episode on PodBean at https://www.podbean.com/ew/pb-s5j3z-108e7f0.
- The National Pharmacy Association (NPA): https://www.npa.co.uk/
- Buttercups Integrated Level 3 Cross Sector Programme: https://www.buttercupstraining.co.uk/news/buttercups-launches-new-level-3-pharmacy-technician-integrated-programme
- Primary Care Pharmacy Education Pathway: https://www.cppe.ac.uk/career/pcpep/pcpep-training-pathway
- General Pharmaceutical Council: https://www.pharmacyregulation.org/
- Greater Manchester Primary Care Careers: https://gmprimarycarecareers.org.uk/jobs/
- Greater Manchester Training Hub: https://www.gmthub.co.uk
- HEE Medicines optimisation: https://hee.nhs.uk/our-work/medicines-optimisation