In this episode of the Primary Care Knowledge Boost Podcast Sara and Lisa speak to Heidi West who is a nursing associate as well as an apprenticeship facilitator for nursing associates, and Marina Khan who is a trainee nursing associate.
They discuss what a nursing associate is and how they differ from health care assistants and nurses. They also cover what the training consists of, and the day job and remit of a nursing associate. The discussion ends with some quick fire questions around supervision, opportunities for further professional development and registration requirements.
Listen to the podcast episode at https://bit.ly/pckb-nursing-associates.
- Greater Manchester Primary Care Careers: https://gmprimarycarecareers.org.uk/jobs/
- Greater Manchester Training Hub: https://www.gmthub.co.uk
- University of Salford Nursing Associate Programme: https://www.salford.ac.uk/courses/degree-apprenticeship/nursing-associate-nursing-associate-higher-apprenticeship
- A Roadmap to Practice: https://www.hee.nhs.uk/sites/default/files/documents/A%20Roadmap%20to%20Practice.pdf
- Nursing and Midwifery Council – Nursing Associates Information: https://www.nmc.org.uk/about-us/our-role/who-we-regulate/nursing-associates/
- Information on Career Development for Nursing Associates: https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/explore-roles/nursing/roles-nursing/nursing-associate