1. This post is to provide a full range of high quality primary care services in line with approved protocols and evidence based medicine to the population of practice.
2. The post holder will work towards meeting the targets set out in the GMS/PMS contract, QOF, BQC and other nationally and locally agreed guidance.
1. To provide a full range of medical services as defined in the GMS/PMS Contract by way of surgery, clinics and relevant administrative work (this list is not exhaustive), together with such other duties as required under the provisions of GMS/PMS Regulations applying to a GMS/PMS Performer.
2. To support the clinical and managerial leadership in the day-to-day running of the practice and, as a senior clinician, make a significant contribution to the development of primary care services for the population served.
3. To respond to medical problems presented by patients including history taking, examination, diagnosis, investigation, treatment and referral where appropriate.
4. Provide health promotion and preventative health care and advice where appropriate.
5. To undertake domiciliary visits as appropriate.
6. Maintain patients clinical records.
7. Attend primary health care team meetings and other meetings as may be necessary.
8. Carry out all necessary clinically related administrative and non-clinical duties needed for the delivery of medical services.
9. In collaboration with key stakeholders participate in the evaluation of the service through a process of audit including significant events and research activity.
10. In collaboration with colleagues, undertake risk assessments in accordance with practice procedures.
11. Additional clinical responsibilities negotiable, subject to the needs of the organisation. Salary will be adjusted accordingly.
1. The post holder will participate in the formal Appraisal System.
2. The post holder will be offered protected time for personal and professional development (5 days pro rata) and be encouraged to define and address their personal development needs, which may include developing skills in a GP Specialist role.
3. The post holder will be offered support in the form of mentorship and peer review and will be expected to utilise this support in developing the service they can offer.
4. Satisfies the criteria of the Criminal Records Bureau as working with children and vulnerable adults.
To support the GP partner in the Practice to manage a busy, interesting clinical caseload. The appointee will also have the opportunity to take part in leading on key disease areas and assist in developing appropriate healthcare services for a diverse patient list.
For more information please contact Tracy Haslam at firstname.lastname@example.org .Closing date: 03/01/2022Job reference: SLMC/SP2021Job type: PermanentStaff group: Medical & DentalJob location: BoltonEmployer: Swan Lane Medical CentreSalary: Dependant on ExperienceSalary range: £80,000 - £90,000Other pay band: Other