We are looking for a motivated enthusiastic candidate to join our hard-working friendly team at Pemberton Surgery in Wigan.
The successful candidate will be willing to develop long term working relationships with our patient population and will be encouraged to lead and innovate in areas of interest where there are gaps whilst adding to the varied services we provide.
Pemberton Surgery is a forward thinking and high achieving general practice with approximately 10,200 patients in Wigan, Greater Manchester and we are looking forward to recruiting and welcoming a full time salaried GP to expand and enhance our team.
The practice comprises of 4 FT GP partners, 2 FT Advanced Nurse Practitioners, 3 Practice Nurses (2 WTE), 1 HCA, 1 Clinical Pharmacist and a large practice administration team led by 2 full time managers.
Our team has developed an innovative model of sustainable General Practice to provide the best possible quality of care. We have a dynamic management, administrative, nursing team and practice pharmacist all working to free up valuable time for GPs to work at ‘GP consultant’ level.
We are friendly, professional and caring. We are passionate about providing safe and effective care for all. Our clinical team are multi skilled and embrace our forward thinking practice culture that aims to be ‘outstanding in everything we do’.
We believe in being courageous, inclusive and diverse. We use innovation and technology, where possible and appropriate, to enhance access to GPs and advanced nurse practitioners.
The practice has strong links with fellow PCN practices and supports Wigan Central and North PCNs. We are also heavily involved in our local GP federation and we are always looking to innovate and participate in new projects.
We can offer:
- a Salaried GP opportunity for 6 – 9 sessions and sessions can be negotiable
- excellent rates of pay and flexibility for the right doctors
- 1 week pro rata study leave
- 6 weeks pro rata annual leave
- Full indemnity cover
- Full NHS Pension
- Flexible working option available with possibility to work some sessions from home
- 1 admin session / week
- Support in developing your own interests in specific areas of medicine or teaching
- Opportunity of doing extended hours work with Pemberton Surgery normally being one of the hubs