Post Title: Salaried General Practitioner
Location: Hopwood House
Hours of Work: Part Time 6 sessions pw
Professionally The GP Principal
Reports To: The Partners and Practice Manager
Working within a Practice and a multi-disciplinary team serving 6000 patients, the post involves the delivery of medical services to patients registered with the Practice. There will also be involvement in the development, monitoring and evaluation of the Practice.
The hours are by flexible arrangement with the postholder to meet the operational needs of the Practice. The post is for 6 sessions a week.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. This post is to provide a full range of high quality primary care services in line with approved protocols and evidence based medicine to the Practice population.
2. The post holder will support the Practice in meeting the targets and objectives outlined in the NSFs and other nationally, locally and Practice objectives agreed with the CCG.
1. To provide a full range of medical services as defined in the core PMS Contract.
2. To provide 6 clinical sessions per week pro rata, one of these sessions will include covering late calls and repeat prescriptions.
3. To respond to medical problems presented by patients including history taking, examination, diagnosis, investigation, treatment and referral where appropriate.
4. Provide health promotion and preventative health care and advice where appropriate.
5. Provide emergency cover for colleagues.
6. Maintain patient’s clinical records.
7. To participate in and support the movement towards fully computerised and electronic methods of data collection and record management whilst ensuring appropriate communication with all professionals.
Responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of the patients you are responsible for or come into contact with.
1. Attend primary health care team meetings and other meetings as may be necessary.
2. Carry out all necessary clinically related administrative and non-clinical duties needed for the delivery of medical services.
3. In collaboration with key stakeholders participate in the evaluation of the service through a process of audit and research activity.
4. Participate in the production of regular performance monitoring reports as required.
1. The post holder(s) will be offered protected time for personal and professional development and encouraged to define and address their personal development needs, which may include developing skills in a GP Specialist role.
2. The post holder(s) will be offered support in the form of mentorship and peer review and will be expected to utilise this support in developing the service they can offer.
This job description is issued as a guideline to help you understand the duties you will be initially expected to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet new working requirements after discussion between you and the Practice Manager. It does not form part of your contract of employment.
We operate a Non-Smoking policy giving all our staff the facility of working in a smoke free organisation.
All employees have a duty and a responsibility not only for their own health and safety, but for the health and safety of colleagues and patients or clients within their care.
For further information about this exciting opportunity contact Jill Berry email@example.com .Job type: PermanentStaff group: Medical & DentalJob location: OldhamEmployer: Dr H HunjanSalary: negotiableSalary range: £60,000 - £70,000Other pay band: Doctor - Other