Fairfax Group Practice is a friendly, well run and supportive practice in the centre of Prestwich and we currently have an opportunity for an enthusiastic, committed GP to join our dedicated team. We are a well-established GP Training Practice with an increasing list size, currently around 13,200. Our aim is to deliver modern primary care with the traditional feel of general practice. Whether you are an experienced GP seeking a new challenge or a newly qualified GP, we are very keen to hear from you. We are happy to support candidates who would like to apply for the GP Fellowship Programme and we also hold Tier 2 Sponsorship status. 6 – 8 sessions available.
FAIRFAX GROUP PRACTICE
The Practice GP Partners (clinically)
The Practice Manager (managerially)
Hours of work:
6-8 sessions per week
Fairfax Group Practice,
Prestwich Health Centre, Fairfax Road, Prestwich M25 1BT
30 days annual leave plus public/bank holidays & study sessions
(WTE pro rata)
Dependant on experience
NHS Pension Scheme
Main purpose of the role:
The post-holder will support the partners in providing primary medical services, manage a caseload of patients and deal with a wide range of health needs in a primary care setting, ensuring the highest standards of care for all patients. This will include any administration associated with these patients, eg repeat prescribing, actioning results, letters and completion of insurance/medical reports.
In accordance with the practice timetable, as agreed, the post-holder will make him/her-self available to undertake a variety of duties including:
• Surgery consultations
• Telephone consultations and queries
• Visiting patients at home
• Checking, re-authorising and signing repeat prescriptions
• Compiling and issuing computer-generated acute and repeat prescriptions
• Prescribing in accordance with locally agreed or national guidelines
• Dealing with queries
• Patient test results
• Patient medicals e.g. adoption/fostering/HGV
• Management of referral (NHS/private)
• Management of paperwork and correspondence in a timely manner;
• Making professional, autonomous decisions in relation to presenting problems, whether self-referred or referred from other health care workers within the organisation;
• Recording clear and contemporaneous IT based consultation notes to the agreed practice standards, including read coding
• Conducting and supporting the practice with audits
• In general the post-holder will be expected to undertake all the normal duties and responsibilities associated with a GP working within primary care
Other responsibilities with the Practice:
• Supervision of trainee doctors and members of the practice nursing team
• Awareness of and compliance with all relevant practice policies/guidelines, e.g. prescribing, confidentiality, data protection, Health and Safety, QOF, LCSs and other practice targets.
• A commitment to life-long learning and audit to ensure evidence-based best practice and maintain a portfolio of work for appraisal and revalidation purposes
• Contributing to evaluation/audit and clinical standard setting within the organisation
• Weekly attendance at the Practice Clinical Meeting
• Attendance at mandatory practice training, practice meetings and events organised by the practice or other agencies, where appropriate.
• In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately.
• In the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential.
Health & Safety
The post-holder will assist in promoting and maintaining their own and others’ health, safety and security as defined in the practice Health & Safety Policy, to include:
• Using personal security systems within the workplace according to practice guidelines
• Identifying the risks involved in work activities and undertaking such activities in a way that manages those risks
• Making effective use of training to update knowledge and skills
• Using appropriate infection control procedures, maintaining work areas in a tidy and safe way and free from hazards
• Reporting potential risks identified
Equality and Diversity
The post-holder will support the equality, diversity and rights of patients, carers and colleagues, to include:
• Acting in a way that recognises the importance of people’s rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with practice procedures and policies, and current legislation
• Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues
In addition to maintaining continued education through attendance at any courses and/or study days necessary to ensure that professional development requirements are met, the post-holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the practice as part of this employment, such training to include:
• Participation in an annual individual performance review, annual GP Appraisal including taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development.
• Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work.
The post-holder will strive to maintain quality within the practice, and will:
• Alert other team members to Clinical Governance issues, quality and risk and participate in Significant Event Analysis reviews
• Assess own performance and take accountability for own actions, either directly or under supervision;
• Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities and making suggestions on ways to improve and enhance the team’s performance
• Work effectively with individuals in other agencies to meet patients’ needs
• Effectively manage own time, workload and resources. He/she will also contribute to the overall team-working of the Practice putting the needs of the Practice first.
The post-holder should recognise the importance of effective communication within the team and will strive to:
• Communicate effectively with other team members
• Communicate effectively with patients and carers
• Recognise people’s needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly.
• Be respectful and courteous at all times.
Contribution to the planning and implementation of services
The post-holder will:
• Apply practice policies, standards and guidance
• Discuss with other members of the team how the policies, standards and guidelines will affect their own work
• Participate in audit where appropriate
• Work with the Partners and practice manager to achieve standards of quality, performance standards, and targets without compromising levels of patient healthcare
• Contribute towards the development and implementation of new standards, policies and procedures that are/will be required of GP Practices now and in the future (as directed by NHS England, the local area team and the CCG
FAIRFAX GROUP PRACTICE
Person Specification – Salaried General Practitioner
The skills required to carry out the job based on requirements in the job description. The level of degree of skill should be stated. It should be possible to demonstrate or test it at interview or other assessment method.
• IT skills
• Facilitation skills
• Audit and evaluation skills
• Leadership skills
• Communication skills – verbal and written
• Sound interpersonal skills – tact and diplomacy
• Ability to plan, set objectives, priorities and review performance
• Aptitude to learn and develop new skills
• Flexibility to accept change and new approaches • Experience of using the primary care information systems Emis and Docman
The minimum level of relevant experience necessary in order to carry out the job.
• Working in Primary Care
• Currently in employment
• Full employment history • Familiar with Bury GP Services
The knowledge required to carry out the job effectively.
• Understanding of the structure and role of primary care
• Understanding of clinical governance • Current developments on NHS policy and reform
• The role and function of PCOs, and PCNs in Primary Care.
The minimum level of qualifications required to carry out the job.
• MBCHB or equivalent
• Vocational training certificate from JCPTGP or certificate of equivalent experience
• Current full GMC registration
FLEXIBILITY Full driving license and use of car. Able to undertake additional shifts or change shifts to cover annual leave/sickness as required.
TRAINING Must be willing to undertake the training required to carry out the job
Satisfies the criteria of the Criminal Records Bureau as working with children and vulnerable adults enhanced clearance.
Must abide by the practice policies and procedures
Fit to carry out the duties of the post after reasonable adjustment under the terms of the Disability Discrimination Act 1995, have been made
Closing date: 21/10/2022Job type: PermanentStaff group: Medical & DentalJob location: BuryEmployer: Fairfax Group PracticeSalary: Dependent on experienceSalary range: £80,000 - £90,000
For more information about this job vacancy please contact Lynne Nilsen, Practice Manager, Fairfax Group Practice, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0161 773 0001.Connect with Fairfax Group Practice on Workforce Connect