Silverdale Medical Practice is looking for a 4 session Salaried GP to join our well-established forward-thinking stable team. We are a friendly, well-organised, high achieving practice within Salford, looking to replace a departing Salaried GP.
You must be enthusiastic and keen to be actively involved in all practice activities and practice development and be dedicated to providing a high standard of patient care.
• In accordance with the practice timetable, as agreed, the post-holder will make themselves available to undertake a variety of duties, including surgery consultations, telephone consultations, online consultations and queries, visiting patients at home, checking and signing repeat prescriptions and dealing with queries, paperwork and correspondence in a timely fashion.
• Making professional, autonomous decisions in relation to presenting problems, whether self-referred or referred from other health care workers within the organisation.
• Assessing the health care needs of patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed problems.
• Screening patients for disease risk factors and early signs of illness
• Developing care plans for health in consultation with patients and in line with current practice disease management protocols
• Providing counselling and health education
• Admitting or discharging patients to and from the caseload and referring to other care providers as appropriate
• Recording clear and contemporaneous consultation notes to agreed standards.
• Collecting data for audit purposes
• Compiling and issuing computer-generated acute and repeat prescriptions (avoiding hand-written prescriptions whenever possible)
• Prescribing in accordance with the practice prescribing formulary (or generically) whenever this is clinically appropriate.
• In general, the post-holder will be expected to undertake all the normal duties and responsibilities associated with a GP working within primary care.
Other responsibilities within the organisation:
• Awareness of and compliance with all relevant practice policies/guidelines, e.g. prescribing, confidentiality, data protection and information governance, health and safety
• A commitment to life-long learning and audit to ensure evidence-based best practice.
• Contributing to evaluation/audit and clinical standard setting within the organisation
• Contributing to the development of computer-based patient records
• Contributing to the summarising of patient records and read-coding patient data
• Attending training and events organised by the practice or other agencies, where appropriate
For more information about this job vacancy please contact Andrea Simpson, Practice Manager, Silverdale Medical Practice, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0161 983 0950.Connect with Silverdale Medical Practice on Workforce Connect
Silverdale Medical Practice, Pendlebury Health Centre, 659 Bolton Road, Pendlebury, Manchester, M27 8HP (view map). For more information about the practice please visit https://www.silverdalemedicalpractice.nhs.uk/.Closing date: 25/08/2023Job reference: SIL0823Job type: PermanentStaff group: Medical & DentalJob location: SalfordEmployer: Silverdale Medical PracticeSalary: 10k - 12.5k per sessionSalary range: £40,000 - £50,000Other pay band: Doctor - Other