We have a varied and exciting opportunity for a Receptionist to join us at the Lever Chambers Centre for Health in Bolton.
The role of the GP receptionist is varied and exciting. The ideal candidate will relish the challenge of working in general practice, communicating with patients and clinicians and working within two of our friendly and close knit teams.
We would love to meet someone with experience of working in a customer/patient focused environment and invite applications from candidates with no previous experience of General Practice.
Main responsibilities include:
- Operating the administrative functions of the services telephone booking system.
- Front of house, welcome role, meeting and greeting patients coming into the practice.
- Work as a member of the reception team providing all aspects of reception duties including taking & recording messages, booking of appointments for patients and answering telephone enquiries.
- Process new patient registrations and temporary registrations.
- Respond appropriately to verbal complaints and refer any unresolved issues to support/operational management when necessary.
- Use appropriate methods to communicate effectively within a team i.e. email, attending meetings.
- Carry out a variety of clerical duties as and when required i.e. scanning, filing, faxing and photocopying.
- Chaperone for a clinician if requested.
- Open post received on site(s) and deal with it appropriately, scanning into SystemOne where required. To record episodes from incoming items of post and log correctly. Provide administrative support for data quality.
- To assist with the daily production of prescriptions, nomads & repeat dispensing.
- To assist the support manager and other practice staff with the induction of any new or temporary receptionist staff.
- Act upon Doctors requests to follow up patients i.e. liaise with other agencies, secondary care, patients, families and carers on the practices behalf (Tasks).
- Deal with incoming telephone calls and act upon each appropriately i.e. offer and book an appropriate appointment, refer for further clinical advice.
- Take and record messages for clinical staff e.g. home visits and further medical advice.
- Shared responsibility for reception, waiting room and consultation rooms upkeep and tidiness including leaflets and posters.
- Reporting of faults, equipment breakdown or failure, building maintenance to the support manager.
- Process and acknowledge receipt of monies from patients, as required.
- Be aware of Health & Safety policies and procedures and report any occurrences of incidents to management, using the incident reporting procedure.
- Opening and securing of premises as required.