Redbank Medical Group is a friendly, forward thinking and innovative two surgery practice group. We are seeking to recruit Receptionist/Administrators to work at its Redbank Surgery within the Radcliffe Primary Care Centre. The successful applicants will become part of the Practice Support Team in undertaking a variety of practice administrative duties. This will also include directly supporting clinical staff and other members of the practice team.
Applicants will have knowledge and experience, ideally of general practice and the EMIS computer system and askmyGP tool. Ideally have experience of read coding procedures, knowledge of basic medical terminology, registration of patients, computer data entry, processing and recording information and booking appointments/recalls.
The purpose of the role is to:
• Offer general assistance to the Practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone
• Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way
• Undertake a variety of administrative duties to assist in the smooth running of the Practice including the provision of administrative support to clinical staff and other members of the Practice team
• Facilitate effective communication between patients, members of the primary health care team, secondary care and other associated healthcare agencies
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities to be undertaken by members of the Practice administration team may include any or all of the aspects detailed below. Duties may be varied from time to time under the direction of the Practice Manager, dependent on current and evolving Practice workload and staffing levels:
To ensure business continuity in extreme circumstance you may be asked to work across the Practices within the Inspire for Health Medical Group.
• Opening up/locking-up of Practice premises and maintaining security in accordance with Practice protocols
• Utilising the AskMyGP tool to process requests on behalf of patients and navigate requests to each clinician, as required.
• Maintaining and monitoring the Practice appointments system
• Processing personal and telephone requests for appointments, visits and telephone consultations and ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional
• Processing and distributing incoming (and outgoing) mail
• Taking messages and passing on information
• Filing and retrieving paperwork
• Processing repeat prescriptions in accordance with Practice guidelines if required or pass onto the Practice prescription team.
• Processing new patient registrations in accordance with Practice policy.
• Computer data entry/data allocation and collation; processing and recording information in accordance with Practice procedures
• Initiating contact with and responding to requests from patients, other team member and associated healthcare agencies and providers
• Accessing internet/Practice web site to enable processing of web-based e-mails for updating patient details, registration, appointment and prescription request.
• Processing of pathology results and recalls, photocopying and scanning
• Directing any complaints to the appropriate person in accordance with Practice policy.
• In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately
• In the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, Practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the Practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential
• Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the Practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the Practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data
Health & Safety:
The post-holder will assist in promoting and maintaining their own and others’ health, safety and security as defined in the Practice Health & Safety Policy, to include:
• Using personal security systems within the workplace according to Practice guidelines
• Identifying the risks involved in work activities and undertaking such activities in a way that manages those risks
• Making effective use of training to update knowledge and skills
• Using appropriate infection control procedures, maintaining work areas in a tidy and safe way and free from hazards
• Reporting potential risks identified
• Attending mandatory training sessions
Equality and Diversity:
The post-holder will support the equality, diversity and rights of patients, carers and colleagues, to include:
• Acting in a way that recognises the importance of people’s rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with Practice procedures and policies, and current legislation
• Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues
• Behaving in a manner which is welcoming to and of the individual, is non-judgmental and respects their circumstances, feelings priorities and rights.
The post-holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the Practice as part of this employment, such training to include:
• Participation in an annual individual performance review, including taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development
• Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work
• Attending training workshops when requested to support personal development.
The post-holder will strive to maintain quality within the Practice, and will:
• Alert other team members to issues of quality and risk
• Assess own performance and take accountability for own actions, either directly or under supervision
• Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities and making suggestions on ways to improve and enhance the team’s performance
• Work effectively with individuals in other agencies to meet patients needs
• Effectively manage own time, workload and resources
The post-holder should recognise the importance of effective communication within the team and will strive to:
• Communicate effectively with other team members
• Communicate effectively with patients and carers
• Recognise people’s needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly
Contribution to the Implementation of Services:
The post-holder will:
• Apply Practice policies, standards and guidance
• Discuss with other members of the team how the policies, standards and guidelines will affect own work
• Participate in audit where appropriate
Closing date: 18/08/2022Job reference: RB-R/A 0822Job type: PermanentStaff group: Administrative and ClericalJob location: BuryEmployer: Red Bank Group PracticeSalary: £9.50 per hour
For more information about this job vacancy please contact Dave Mayren, Practice Manager, Redbank Group Practice, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0161 724 2040.Connect with the Redbank Group Practice on Workforce Connect