Heaton Norris Medical Practice are seeking to recruit a Receptionist or Administrator to work as part of the Reception Team to provide the practice’s ‘front-of-house’ service, and project a positive and friendly image to patients’ and visitors.
- Understanding and interpreting patients’ needs, resolving queries where possible or signposting patients to the appropriate service or appointment.
- Provide a responsive, courteous, calm and efficient service at all time, to enable and support patient care.
- Undertake administration as necessary to support the effective operation of the practice.
- Facilitate effective communication between patients, members of the primary health care team, secondary care and other associated healthcare agencies.
The following are the core responsibilities of the Receptionist/Administrator. There may be on occasion, there is a requirement to carry out other tasks; this will be dependent upon factors such as workload and staffing levels:
- Ensure that all patients, visitors and staff receive a friendly service and their enquiries are dealt with efficiently.
- Provide a welcoming and efficient telephone and counter service, managing own time to ensure maximum waiting times are kept low.
- Explore patient queries and requests fully, taking into account of information in the medical record, to ensure that enquiries are handled by the most appropriate person, without the need for a clinician appointment when appropriate, and that any appointments booked are most appropriate for the request.
- Refer to procedures, guidance, colleagues or senior staff when unsure.
- Book, cancel, rearrange and receive patients for appointments, book patient requests for home visits.
- Process repeat prescriptions in accordance with practice guidelines.
- Explain practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients, and those seeking temporary registration are registered into the computer system promptly and accurately ensuring that all checks are made as per practice protocol.
- Process change of patient details ensuring all checks are made as per practice protocol. Filing and retrieving paperwork in medical notes
- Contact patients as appropriate.
- Collect information from patients and enter accurately into the computer system as requested.
- Maintain and monitor the practice appointments system.
- Using your own judgement and communication skills, ensure that patients with no prior appointment but who need urgent consultation are seen in a logical and non-disruptive manner.
- Extract and file medical records and correspondence accurately.
- Take messages and passing on information.
- Arrange ambulance and interpreters.
- Keep track of all tasks and ensure they are completed in a timely manner.
- Have working knowledge of the telephone system during and out of hours
- Ensure the reception and waiting room areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Clearing and re-stocking of consulting rooms as required.
- Distributing incoming and processing outgoing mail.
- Initiating contact with and responding to requests from patients, other team members and associated healthcare agencies and providers.
- Take payment from patients for chargeable services (Non General Medical Services), ensuring they are correctly recorded, that a practice receipt is issued on every occasion and that cash is placed in the designated secure place with the appropriate copy of the receipt.
- Act as a chaperone for general examination if request to do so.
- Other administrative and clerical duties as required.
- Open and lock up the building as required and maintaining security in accordance with practice protocols.
- Respond appropriately to any potential emergency situation, ensuring access to care in not delayed.
There is a wide range of administrative duties and tasks will be allocated accordingly to support the effective operation of the practice:
- Maintain paper patient records including sorting and filing.
- Create letters as requested.
- Finance administration, e.g. processing invoices
- Accurately summarise medical records, seeking advice from a GP where necessary
- Working within the team it is expected that all team members will cover any administrative tasks as required.
- Undertake other reasonable duties within the framework of the post as directed by the Reception/Practice Manager.
Closing date: 07/07/2022Job reference: NB/)1Job type: Part timeStaff group: Administrative and ClericalJob location: StockportEmployer: Heaton Norris Medical PracticeSalary: Depending on experience
For more information regarding this opportunity and to apply for this post please contact Nicola Bates email@example.com.