We are looking for an enthusiastic, smart, friendly and committed Receptionist / Administrator to join our friendly and well-organised practice team at Chadsfield Medical Practice in Romiley, Stockport.
We are a busy practice serving over 7000 patients. Our Primary Health Care team includes 6 GP’s, 1 Practice Nurse and 1 TNA and 1 HCA’s. We also have First Contact Physio Practitioners, Pharmacists and Health and Wellbeing counsellors.
The postholder will receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
The postholder will provide general assistance to the doctors and practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
- To have a thorough knowledge of all practice procedures.
- To work in accordance of written protocols
- Pulling/filing notes as necessary
- Photocopy as requested
- Liaise with other health professionals
- To advise and register patients
- Receive, assist and direct patients arriving at the practice
- Dealing with patient enquiries at the reception desk
- Handing completed repeat prescriptions to patient and checking names and address
- Be able to cover all reception position as necessary
- Collect internal mail and pathology specimens for collection by the courier
- Check process in basket from GP
- Keep reception supplied with appt slips, px forms and urine sample kits
- Action wf in timely manner