• Offer general assistance to the Practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone
• Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way
• Undertake a variety of administrative duties to assist in the smooth running of the Practice including the provision of administrative support to clinical staff and other members of the Practice team
• Facilitate effective communication between patients, members of the primary health care team, secondary care and other associated healthcare agencies
• Utilising the AskMyGP tool to process requests on behalf of patients and navigate requests to each clinician
• Maintaining and monitoring the Practice appointments system
• Processing personal and telephone requests for appointments, visits and telephone consultations and ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional
• Processing and distributing incoming (and outgoing) mail
• Taking messages and passing on information
• Filing and retrieving paperwork
• Processing repeat prescriptions in accordance with Practice guidelines if required or pass onto the Practice prescription team.
• Processing new patient registrations in accordance with Practice policy.
• Computer data entry/data allocation and collation; processing and recording information in accordance with Practice procedures
• Initiating contact with and responding to requests from patients, other team member and associated healthcare agencies and providers
• Enable processing of web-based e-mails for updating patient details, registration, appointment and prescription request.
• Processing of pathology results and recalls, photocopying and scanning
• Directing any complaints to the appropriate person in accordance with Practice policy.
A full job description can be made available upon request. Shift pattern will be agreed upon offer. Please forward CV to email@example.com For an informal discussion with Alison Bridge, Practice Director, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0161 724 2040
Closing date: 15/12/2023Job type: PermanentStaff group: Administrative and ClericalJob location: BuryEmployer: Redbank Group PracticeSalary: £11.00 per hour
A full job description can be made available upon request. Shift pattern will be agreed upon offer. Please forward CV to email@example.com For an informal discussion with Alison Bridge, Practice Director, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0161 724 2040Connect with Redbank Group Practice on Workforce Connect