The Gill Medical Centre in Salford are looking to receruit a Reception Administrator to provide a professional and effective reception service to our practice population.
Reception duties include:
- Secretarial duties
- Attending to the reception desk
- Receiving patients
- Making appointments
- Answering the telephone
- Dealing with the daily post
- Dealing with practice tasks and contacting patients as required
- Receiving samples from patients
- Receiving visitors into the surgery
- Photocopying medical records for third parties
- Registering patients
- Scanning hospital and patient letters into patient notes
- Ensure all practice protocols are understood and adhered to.
- Assist with and minimise potential issues that may lead to complaints
In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately
In the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the post-holder will have access to confidential information relating to patients their carer’s. They may also have access to information relating to the practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential
Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, or the business of the practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.
The post-holder will assist in promoting and maintaining their own and others’ health, safety and security as defined in the practice Health & Safety Policy, to include:
Identifying the risks involved in work activities and undertaking such activities in a way that manages those risks
Making effective use of training to update knowledge and skills
Using appropriate infection control procedures, maintaining work areas in a tidy and safe way and free from hazards
Reporting potential risks identified.
The post-holder will support the equality, diversity and rights of patients, carers and colleagues, to include:
Acting in a way that recognises the importance of people’s rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with practice procedures and policies, and current legislation
Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues
Behaving in a manner which is welcoming to and of the individual, is non-judgmental and respects their circumstances, feelings priorities and rights.
The post-holder will support the practice in relation to safeguarding children and adults to include:
• To be committed to the safeguarding of patients
• To promote safeguarding
• To maintain up to date, accurate, confidential records.
• To attend safeguarding training
• To declare a criminal conviction
• To liaise with the safeguarding lead/deputy if any concerns
The post-holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the practice as part of this employment, such training to include:
• Participation in an annual individual performance review,
• Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating
Skills and abilities to others who are undertaking similar work.
The post-holder will strive to maintain quality within the practice, and will:
• Alert other team members to issues of quality and risk
• Assess own performance and take accountability for own actions, either directly or under supervision
• Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities and making suggestions on ways to improve
• Work effectively with individuals in other agencies to meet patient’s needs
• Effectively manage own time, workload and resources.
The post-holder should recognize the importance of effective communication within the team and will strive to:
• Communicate effectively with other team members
• Communicate effectively with patients and carers
• Recognise people’s needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly.
The post-holder will:
• Apply practice policies, standards and guidance
• Identify new and effective ways of working and action procedural change where necessary
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact; Debbie Johnson firstname.lastname@example.orgClosing date: 15/07/2022Job type: PermanentStaff group: Administrative and ClericalJob location: SalfordEmployer: The Gill Medical CentreSalary: £19300