We currently have an exciting opportunity for an organised, professional and passionate individual to join our team of Primary Care Engagement Officers at Xyla Health & Wellbeing working on the NHS Healthier You National Diabetes Prevention Programme across Greater Manchester.
As an Engagement Officer your main responsibility will be to liaise between the NDPP service, primary care and other public health stakeholders to increase awareness of the programme and to improve referrals into the service.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with primary care in order to support ongoing referral generation and registrations
- Offer direct support to GP practices to ensure accurate monitoring and coding of patient outcomes for onward reporting to NHS England
- Offer support and advice to the programme steering group
- Build relationships and attend regular meetings with key stakeholders of the programme
- Develop a key working relationship with the area’s Service Coordinator and Regional Manager
We believe to be successful within this role, you will need to have
- A background in primary care, NHS and public health
- Ability to train and facilitate
- Relationship management skills
- A background in health and wellbeing
- Awareness of long term conditions would be desirable
Read more about the job vacancy and apply online at https://careers.acaciumgroup.com/jobs/1154467-engagement-officer-14-months-fixed-term-contract.
Part of Acacium Group, Xyla Health & Wellbeing has been selected to deliver the NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme (NDPP) and Diabetes My Way across the UK. NHS England, Public Health England and Diabetes UK have committed to improving efforts to prevent diabetes, and this collaborative programme aims to help the 5 million people who are at risk of developing the disease. The Programme comprises of physical activity and dietary components, underpinned by behaviour change techniques.Closing date: 23/05/2021Job type: Fixed termStaff group: Administrative and ClericalJob location: Greater ManchesterEmployer: Xyla Health & WellbeingSalary: £24,000Salary range: £20,000 - £30,000Other pay band: Other