Shevington Surgery are looking to recruit a part-time Practice Nurse to join the friendly practice team based in Wigan.
The nurse will work for 26 hours per work under the direction of the Senior Nurses to provide nursing services, including treatment, screening, preventative care, education and advice in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct.
The nurse will be expected to supervise our Nursing Assistants performing the following duties:-
Venepuncture, urine testing, weight and diet checks, BP checks, ECG recording and any other nursing assistant duties.
The nurse may also have to perform the above nursing assistant duties as part of her nursing role and to provide cover for holidays and sickness.
- Supervision and performance of Nursing Assistant duties as explained above.
- Injections as prescribed by the GP or under patient group directions following appropriate training. These include childhood immunisations, vitamin b12, travel vaccinations, influenza, pneumonia and herpes zoster following training.
- Cervical cytology screening, after appropriate training.
- Basic treatment room duties to include removal of sutures, dressings and wound care, etc.
- Health checks – the nurse will be expected to identify possible underlying chronic disease and refer the patient to either the GP or Senior Nurses so that the correct practice CDM protocol can be initiated at the earliest opportunity.
- Perform chronic disease management under supervision following appropriate training and support.
- New Registration Health Checks.
- Over 75 Health Checks.
- Review of patients on the practice mental health register, dementia register and learning disability register following appropriate training.
- Ensure maintenance of equipment including emergency equipment and stock levels in participation with the Practice nurse Manager, practice manager and colleagues.
- Ensure and maintain cleanliness and safety of working areas.
- Ensure clinical and hazardous waste generated is disposed of in the correct manner in line with COSHH guidelines.
- To assist in minor surgical procedures.
- Ensure accurate recording of consultations/treatments on medical records and practice computer system.
- Liase with other members of the PHCT and work as integral member of the PHCT. Take part in the PHCT meetings.
- Participate in the safe running of the practice anticoagulation clinic including patient testing and quality testing of equipment following appropriate training and dependant on the requirements of the practice.
- Develop role in line with QoF, IIF and CQC requirements.
- Basic family planning reviews following appropriate training.
- Assist in the training of other staff members including pre-registration student nurses and HCA’s
- Be up to date with the NMC revalidation process.
- Interpretation of test results and taking appropriate action, with support from other members of the health care team.
- Ability to communicate to a high standard both verbally and non-verbally.
- Be able to work both remotely, utilising digital nursing software, undertake telephone consultations, face to face consultations and home visits following appropriate training.
The nurse may be asked to take on additional duties, following appropriate training and support, as identified later, within the scope of a band 5 nurse.
For more information about the job vacancy please contact Alison Cheetham, Shevington Surgery, email@example.com, 01942 483777. Shevington Surgery, Houghton Lane, Shevington, Wigan, WN6 8ET (view map).Closing date: 12/09/2022Job reference: PNAug2022Job type: Part timeStaff group: Nursing & Midwifery RegisteredJob location: WiganEmployer: Shevington SurgerySalary: £24,227 to £31,403Other pay band: Other