Mosslands Medical Practice is looking for a friendly and vibrant General Practice Nurse to join our well-established nursing team.
You will be NMC registered and experienced in providing a high-quality nursing service to our practice population. You will share in the usual distribution of work across our nurse team.
Main duties of the job
• Chronic Disease Management/Long Term Conditions within the clinic setting.
• Health Promotion
• To liaise with other members of primary health care
• Cervical cytology & teaching breast awareness
• LES/DES/QOF related clinical and administrative work
• Routine immunisations for both adults and children as part of the NHS routine vaccination programme. E.g Flu, Pneumococcal, Shingles and Pertussis in Pregnancy vaccinations.
• Travel health advice and vaccination
• Smoking Cessation
• Requesting pathology tests, for example urine culture, swabs
• Any other delegated duties appropriate to the post
• Home Visits
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
• Registered General Nurse (diploma or degree level)
• Up to date PIN and revalidation.
• Car driver with clean license Able to work at the desired times. Flexible and able to cover for colleague absence through sickness, annual leave or study leave.
• Experience of working in accordance with the NMC Code of Practice Experience of dealing with the public/patients.
• Ability to work without direct supervision and determine own workload priorities. Ability to work as part of an integrated multi-skilled team.
• Able to work under pressure Ability to use own judgement, resourcefulness, and common sense. Willingness and enthusiasm to developing nursing skills. Able to work in a changing environment.
• Practice Nurse Qualification/Experience
• Qualifications and Experience in: – Hypertension, COPD, management of long term conditions, ECG’s, Contraception, Womens Health, Mens Health, LD reviews, SMI reviews, Hormone injections, Cervical Screening, Childhood & Adult Immunisations, Asthma, Diabetes, Health Promotion, Heart Disease and Travel Advice
• Current (within the last 12 months) emergency resuscitation training certificate.
• Experience of EMIS Clinical System.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Closing date: 22/12/2023Job reference: MOSS001Job type: PermanentStaff group: Medical & DentalJob location: SalfordEmployer: Mosslands Medical PracticeSalary range: £30,000 - £40,000AfC pay band: Band 6
For more information about this job vacancy please contact Charlotte Conley, email@example.com.Connect with Mosslands Medical Practice on Workforce Connect