We are looking to recruit a highly motivated, committed and enthusiastic experienced Practice Nurse preferably the holder of a prescribing diploma. ( 5200 patients – growing list ).
The role offers a chance to manage your own workload. There is no extended hours.
Join our supportive and integrated practice team.
Hours are flexible – full time
To work in conjunction with or independently of the other members of the practice team, according to practice policy and protocols, in order to assess the nursing needs of the practice population and provide high standards of appropriate care and evaluation, whilst maintaining professional conduct in accordance with NMC standards.
Education and Experience
• Registered General Nurse with valid NMC registration and minimum of 2 years post registration experience
• Ability to demonstrate appropriate training and knowledge in chronic disease management and women’s health desirable
• Ability to manage time effectively
• Possess good interpersonal, organisation and communication skills
• Administer childhood and adult immunisations accordingly and within the guidelines of PGDs.
• To assess individual health needs of practice population, including the social, ethnic and cultural influences, and provide holistic nursing care based on these assessments.
• Provide well person checks including health promotion, self-examination awareness and screening as appropriate.
• Provide a cervical cytology service to all eligible women within the practice.
• To assist in the delivery of chronic disease management programmes for patients with asthma, diabetes, cardiovascular disease and COPD.
• Perform venepuncture, ECG and Spirometry.
• Responsible for monitoring and maintenance of stock and equipment used.
• Liaise with other members of the primary health care team and other agencies accordingly so as to maintain provision of appropriate care.
• Ensure all nursing care, interaction and procedures are recorded accurately and contemporaneously into patient’s medical records according to practice protocol, including opportunistic QOF requirements.
• Provide audit information in accordance with practice policy and the Care Quality commission (CQC).
• Work according to Health and Safety regulations as specified in the Health and Safety policies.
• Maintain confidentiality at all times with regard to both patients and staff.
• Contribute to the assessment of service needs.
• Assist patients to identify their health needs.
• Contribute a nursing perspective to the practice development plan.
• Manage and organise individual patient consultations.
• Aware of identification and reporting procedures related to professional standards.
• To attend staff meetings.
• Ensure effective relationships and communications with the CCG and other agencies.
• Support the practice clinical governance agenda.
• Identify changes to clinical practice that are required to implement evidence-based guidelines.
• Identify personal development and training needs in conjunction with the manager.
• Participate in clinical supervision.
• Support others with their training and development needs.
• To participate in continuing education and maintain a contemporary level of professional knowledge and skills.
• Influence the quality of the clinical learning environment by providing support, educational input and development of activities for mentors and students.
• Ensure the student experience is of the highest quality and enables benefit for the individual’s clinical learning experience.
• Maintain good industrial relations.
• Take reasonable care of his/her own safety and that of other persons who may be affected by his/her act or omission.
• Co-operation with the practice to ensure all members of the team adheres to statutory regulations/policies and codes of practice and departments safety rules.
• Offer innovative ways of working and opportunities to facilitate learning.
• Facilitates a learning environment within the team.
• Maintains a caring environment through the support of colleagues.
Equality and Diversity
The post-holder will support the equality, diversity and rights of patients, carers and colleagues, to include:
• Acting in a way that recognizes the importance of people’s rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with practice procedures and policies and current legislation.
• Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues.
• Behaving in a manner which is welcoming to and of the individual, is non-judgmental and respects their circumstances, feelings priorities and rights.
The post-holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the practice as part of this employment, such training to include:
• Participation in an annual individual performance review, including taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development.
• Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work.
The post-holder will strive to maintain quality within the practice, and will:
• Alert other team members to issues of quality risk.
• Assess own performance and take accountability for own actions, either directly or under supervision.
• Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and teams activities and making suggestions on ways to improve and enhance the team’s performance.
• Work effectively with individuals in other agencies to meet patients needs.
• Effectively manage own time, workload and resources.
The post-holder should recognize the importance of effective communication within the team and will strive to:
• Communicate effectively with other team members.
• Communicate effectively with patients and carers.
• Recognize people’s needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly.
Contribution to the Implementation of Services
The post-holder will:
• Apply practice policies, standards and guidance.
• Discuss with other members of the team how the policies, standards and guidelines will affect own work.
• Assist in the development of practice protocols and policies
• Participate in audit where appropriate.
It is the policy of the practice to periodically evaluate employee’s job descriptions and update them as appropriate to ensure that they reflect the job as it is performed and to allow for any changes to be made or proposed. This procedure is jointly conducted by both doctors and those working directly with them. Your input is therefore required when such decisions are made, and although it is the aim of this practice to reach agreement on reasonable changes, if agreement cannot be made, the partners reserve the right to insist on changes to your job description in accordance with your level within the practice
Closing date: 26/05/2023Job reference: ML05-23-001Job type: PermanentStaff group: Nursing & Midwifery RegisteredJob location: BuryEmployer: Mile Lane Health CentreSalary: Practice Nurse Band 7 based on level of experience and skillsSalary range: £30,000 - £40,000AfC pay band: Band 7
For more information about this job vacancy please contact, Morag Smith, Practice Manager, Mile Lane Health Centre, email@example.com, 0161 764 7804.Connect with Mile Lane Health Centre on Workforce Connect