We are looking for two enthusiastic, hardworking, motivated and proactive individuals to join our ever growing Practice.
The successful candidates will receive, assist, and direct patients in accessing the appropriate services or healthcare professional in a courteous & efficient manner.
Provide general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
• To greet patients in a friendly and courteous manner at all times.
• To answer telephone calls in a polite and professional manner.
• To make appointments for the doctors surgeries and nurses clinics using the Practice clinical information system
• To ensure that surgeries and clinics run on time, making sure that the doctors and other clinicians are aware of their schedules.
• To take prescription orders over the phone assisting patients with queries over new medication, drug names and generic products.
• Answering patient queries regarding various Practice policies and initiatives.
• To open the post, and distribute accordingly.
• To arrange new patient registrations, explaining the surgery policies.
• To listen to patient complaints, making sure that they are addressed and dealt with appropriately.
• To book outpatient appointments using the choose and book system
• To retrieve patients medical records for various clinics and surgeries.
• To file patients records in the correct manner.
• To check and update patients’ addresses, telephone numbers etc, on both manual and computerised records.
• To scan all hospital correspondence accurately.
• To create new patients medical records.
• Culling & tagging of all new medical records
• Path Links – daily management of pathology results system.
• To provide secretarial cover in the absence of the practice secretary.
• Monitor and action all patients DNA’s according to Practice policy.
• Note summarising -entering patient histories from new medical records
• Entering relevant information from Out of Hours doctor reports onto clinical system
• Maintain and update patient priority lists.
• To cover duties for other members of staff, this may arise in the case of absence, sickness and holidays.
• Chaperone GP if required.
• To ensure that the surgery in which you are working is left secure after use at all times during your work hours and ensuring Practice premises and perimeters are left secure at the end of the day.
• Shared responsibility for reception, waiting rooms and consultation rooms’ upkeep and tidiness including leaflets and posters
• To ensure that strict confidentiality protocols are adhered to.
• Attending and contributing to practice meetings.
• To attend training sessions on behalf of the practice as required.
• To comply with health & safety procedures and report any areas of concern to the Practice Manager.
• Opening and securing of premises when required
• To undertake any other duties as may be determined from time to time to ensure the efficient running of the practice.
Closing date: 07/07/2023Job reference: MA23062023Job type: Part timeStaff group: Administrative and ClericalJob location: SalfordEmployer: The Poplars Medical CentreSalary: £21310 ( Pro Rata)Salary range: £10,000 - £20,000Other pay band: Other
For more information about this job vacancy please contact Clair Rowson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0161 794 6237.Connect with The Poplars Medical Centre on Workforce Connect