Tower Family Healthcare are looking to recruit a GP to contribute to the design and development of local patient services in Bury.
In general, you will be expected provide caring, safe and effective general medical services to our patient population and to undertake all the normal duties and responsibilities associated with a GP working within primary care.
Clinical responsibilities include:
- In accordance with the Tower Family Healthcare rota, as agreed, you will make yourself available to undertake a variety of duties, including surgery consultations, telephone consultations and queries, visiting patients at home, checking and signing repeat prescriptions and dealing with queries, paperwork and correspondence in a timely fashion
- Making professional, autonomous decisions in relation to presenting problems, whether self-referred or referred from other health care workers within the organisation
- Assessing the health care needs of patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed problems
- Screening patients for disease risk factors and early signs of illness
- Developing care plans for health in consultation with patients and in line with current practice disease management protocols
- Providing counselling and health education
- Admitting or discharging patients to and from the caseload and referring to other care providers as appropriate
- Recording clear and contemporaneous consultation notes to agreed standards
- Collecting data for audit purposes
- Compiling and issuing computer-generated acute and repeat prescriptions (avoiding hand-written prescriptions whenever possible)
- Prescribing in accordance with the practice prescribing formulary (or generically) whenever this is clinically appropriate
- Providing cover across each of our 4 branches for other members of our clinical team in order to meet patient demand
For further information about the job vacancy please contact Katie Booth, firstname.lastname@example.orgClosing date: 31/01/2021Job reference: TFH - GPJob type: PermanentStaff group: Medical & DentalJob location: BoltonEmployer: Tower Family HealthcareSalary: NegotiableSalary range: £80,000 - £90,000AfC pay band: Band 8dOther pay band: Doctor - Other