Cheadle Hulme Medical Group is looking for a new Practice Manager to manage and coordinate all aspects of practice functionality, motivating and managing staff, patient services, premises and health and safety management. A strong focus of this role is governance and compliance. Also, to support the Practice Business Manager, through innovative ways of working, to lead the practice team and ensure compliance of national regulations.
It’s a large GP Practice with almost 14,000 patients, situated in Southwest Stockport. There’s a large, friendly supporting staffing team and cohesive management structure.
Eight GP Partners work at the practice across two sites in Cheadle Hulme. The primary site is Cheadle Hulme Health Centre at Smithy Green and the second site is located at Bridge House Medical Centre. This role would work across both sites.
The following are the core responsibilities of the Practice Manager. There may be on occasions, a requirement to carry out other tasks. This will be dependent upon factors such as workload and staffing levels.
• Management responsibility for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the practice, by working with both the Training and Development Manager and clinical team leads, to ensure staff achieve their primary responsibilities.
• Responsible for practice governance and compliance including CQC regulations and standards, ICO requirements, GMC/NMC.
• Management oversight of regulatory controls relating to safeguarding, infection control, audit, equipment maintenance and calibration, significant event recording and reviews.
• The management of the premises, including health and safety (including fire) aspects such as risk assessments and mandatory training.
• Coordinating the reviewing and updating of all practice policies and procedures.
• Working with the Training and Development Manager to ensure that all staff have the appropriate level of training to enable them to carry out their individual roles and responsibilities effectively.
• Acting as the complaints manager, overseeing the responses from other senior team members, being responsible for escalated written complaints and ensuring complaints are dealt with in a timely manner and keeping the GP Partners aware of progress.
• Management of NHS Choices and responses.
• Responsible for devising, leading and analysing Patient Surveys, presenting findings and implementing outcomes.
• Responsible for Practice Soft/hardware maintenance; EMIS, Accurx, Docman, Welch Allyn, MS Databases including One Note and Teams Channels, laptops, desktops, printers, photocopier/scanner contracts.
• Along with the Practice Business Manager, maintaining an effective overview of HR legislation.
• Preparing agendas for, minuting actions and chairing practice Partner/Manager meetings and Away Days.
• Managing the GP Partner annual leave and maintenance of the holiday tracker.
• Be responsible for continual liaison (including sickness reporting,) with the Deanery and Universities about Trainee GPs and Medical Students and also ensure they are thoroughly inducted into the practice.
• Under the direction of the Practice Business Manager, managing contracts for services i.e. cleaning, gardening, window cleaning etc.
• Ensuring the practice has appropriate insurance cover for public/employer’s liabilities and also locum insurance cover.
• Developing, implementing and embedding an efficient business resilience plan (BRP).
• Leading change and continuous improvement initiatives; coordinating all projects within the practice.
• Coordinating and leading the compilation of practice reports and the practice development plan (PDP).
• Collaboration with Practice Business Manager on reports, submissions and returns to external agencies or commissioners.
• Responsibility for national declarations for controlled drugs, workforce data, friends and family, complaints data, Data Protection Toolkit.
• Managing the procurement of practice equipment, supplies and services.
• Adopting a strategic approach to the management of all patient services matters.
• Developing, implementing and embedding an effective communication strategy (internal and external).
• Ensuring the practice maintains compliance with its NHS contractual obligations.
• Actively encouraging and promoting the use of patient online services.
• Attendance at external meetings as required including deputising for the Practice Business Manager at PCN/ICB/NHS wider system meetings.
• Marketing the practice appropriately.
• Leading the management of the Patient Participation Group plus engagement with other patient groups that the practice or PCN may wish to form.
• Responsibility for patient online services.
• Responsibility for the Practice Website, working with the GP Partners and also suppliers.
• Work with Practice Business Manager, Partners & the Training and Development Manager on the delivery of appropriate level Team Meetings and communication huddles for the whole workforce.
• Working with the Practice Business Manager Implementing effective systems for the resolution of disciplinary and grievance issues, maintaining an overview of staff welfare.
• Pursuing any property development plans the GP Partners wish to explore.
• Ability to deputise for Practice Business Manager in all areas including finance.
In addition to the primary responsibilities, the Practice Manager may be requested to:
• Deputise for the partners at internal and external meetings.
• Act as the primary point of contact for NHS(E), ICB, community services, suppliers and other external stakeholders.
For more information about this job vacancy or to make an application please email the Practice Business Manager at email@example.com.Connect with Cheadle Hulme Health Centre on Workforce Connect
Cheadle Hulme Health Centre, The Health Centre, Smithy Green, Cheadle Hulme, Cheadle, SK8 6LU (view map). For more information about the practice please visit https://www.cheadlehulmeandbridgehouse.nhs.uk/.Closing date: 19/11/2022Job reference: CHMG/PM/1022Job type: PermanentStaff group: Administrative and ClericalJob location: StockportEmployer: Cheadle Hulme Medical GroupSalary: £30,000 to £36,000Salary range: £30,000 - £40,000Other pay band: Other