Boothstown Medical Centre are looking for a GP to join the team based in Worsley, Manchester, to undertake all the normal duties and responsibilities associated with a GP working within primary care.
In accordance with the practice timetable, as agreed, the post-holder will make themselves available to undertake a variety of duties, including surgery consultations, medicals, telephone consultations and queries, visiting patients at home, checking and signing repeat prescriptions and dealing with queries, paperwork, medical reports and correspondence in a timely fashion.
The main duties of the job include:
- Making professional, autonomous decisions in relation to presenting problems, whether self-referred or referred from other health care workers within the organisation
- Assessing the health care needs of patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed problems
- Screening patients for disease risk factors and early signs of illness
- Developing care plans for health in consultation with patients and in line with current practice disease management protocols
- Providing counselling and health education
- Admitting or discharging patients to and from the caseload and referring to other care providers as appropriate
- Recording clear and contemporaneous consultation notes to agreed standards
- Collecting data for audit purposes
- Compiling and issuing computer-generated acute and repeat prescriptions (avoiding hand-written prescriptions whenever possible)
- Prescribing in accordance with the practice prescribing formulary (or generically) whenever this is clinically appropriate
Find out more about at Boothstown Medical Centre https://www.boothstownmedicalcentre.co.uk.Staff group: Medical & DentalJob location: ManchesterEmployer: Dr R Anderson Boothstown Medical CentreSalary: To be discussed