Parks Surgery in Wigan are looking for a General Practice Nurse to provide and maintain a high standard of nursing care for patients, as well as providing nursing assistance to the doctors and other members of the primary healthcare team.
The duties will include all tasks normally undertaken by an experienced RGN and any additional roles agreed between the nurse and the doctors as appropriate, having regard to current training.
- Offer a holistic approach to travel health by providing comprehensive advice to patients prior to travel including; vaccinations and medicines, safe sex, food hygiene, sun protection
- Offer advice about childhood and adult vaccinations and ensure vaccines are administered under patient group directions
- Running well person clinics and health promotion programmes, facilitating change by providing holistic assessment and lifestyle advice on diet, smoking, alcohol intake and exercise
- Assessing problems presented opportunistically by patients, dealing with minor illness.
- Able to document Consultations according to NMC guidelines
- Ensures awareness of statutory and local clinical protection procedures, including systems of referral. Ability to recognise signs and symptoms of child abuse.
- Perform a holistic assessment of patients attending for cervical cytology smear tests.
- Perform venepuncture according to local guidelines
- Able to recognize and manage anaphylaxis according to current UK guidelines
- Able to perform Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation according to current UK guidelines
- Assist in the provision of minor surgery
- Ability to obtain and document informed consent (either verbal or written)
- Ensure infection control guidelines are maintained
- Ability to monitor and manage maintenance of stock and equipment to include refrigeration, and emergency equipment
- Confidentially of information gained at work must be preserved at all times
For more information about this job vacancy please contact Michelle Farrell, firstname.lastname@example.org, 07723352314.Connect with Parks Surgery Limited on Workforce Connect
Parks Surgery Limited, Pennington Park Surgery, Bridgewater Medical Centre, Henry Street Leigh, WN7 2PE (view map).
For more information about the practice please visit https://www.lilfordandpenningtonparksurgery.nhs.uk/.Closing date: 01/04/2024Job reference: GPN01/2024Job type: PermanentStaff group: Nursing & Midwifery RegisteredJob location: WiganEmployer: Parks Surgery LimitedSalary: negotiable depending on experienceSalary range: £20,000 - £30,000Other pay band: Other