We are looking for an Advanced Nurse Practitioner to join Chadsfield Medical Practice in Romiley to provide a high level of clinical care for our patients managing a range of acute, non-acute and chronic disease conditions.
The successful applicant will be taking on a senior role as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner working closely with our GP’s, nursing staff and non-clinical staff. You will possess an Advanced Nurse Practitioner qualification and be proficient in non-medical prescribing; other duties will include home visits.
Chadsfield Medical Practice is based at Romiley Health Centre, Chichester Road, Romiley, Stockport, SK6 4QR (view map). For more information about the practice visit https://www.chadsfieldmedicalpractice.co.uk.
- Practice, without direct supervision, as an independent primary care Advanced Nurse Practitioner within various clinical environments, participating in care of all age ranges and presenting conditions acute, non-acute and chronic.
- Independently prioritise, assess, diagnose, treat, and safely discharge/refer patients attending with undifferentiated and undiagnosed primary/urgent health care problems. Formulate management plans ensuring relevant follow up.
- To manage daily surgeries comprising of face to face consultations, telephone consultations and telephone triage work. Undertake home visits and acute visits for certain medical emergencies arranging hospital admission if required.
- Prescribe and review medication as necessary within NMC and local formulary guidance for areas such as chronic disease and long term health needs. This will include prescribing for areas such as asthma, diabetes, Hypertension, COPD, CHD and HRT. This list is not exhaustive and may expand with patient need and clinical experience.
- Act as a referral agent and care co-ordinator by establishing multi-agency collaboration across the primary/secondary interface to meet the needs of the patient.
- Take an active role in the processing of Pathology Links and Post actioning changes to patient care as directed by Secondary Care / other MDT’s.
- To actively lead, formulate plans and contribute to the achievement of revised Quality outcomes Framework (QoF) indicators.
- Actively participate with the implementation of Clinical Enhanced Services as directed by the CCG and Practice.
- Work within the parameters of current nurse prescribing legislation and NMC code of Conduct.
- Work with clinical and non-clinical team to ensure we make a significant contribution to health improvement and the reduction of health inequalities. Use His / Her individual skills and experience in order to make a positive contribution to the organisation and the development of the ‘one team’ approach
- Provide professional and clinical advice within the multi-disciplinary team.
- Maintain accurate, contemporaneous records
- Discuss patients continuing care with GP if required
- Take responsibility for continuity of care for registered patients
Professional and Educational responsibilities
- Develop own skills and competencies through education, training and development activities related to the current and future demands of the role.
- Understand and observe professional and national guidelines on confidentiality.
- Comply with the corporate governance structure in keeping with the principles and standards set by the organisation.
- Ensure clinical supervision needs are met, and that Nursing staff are supported with revalidation.
- Participate in teaching and mentoring other health professionals and members of the multi-disciplinary team.