Bolton Community Practice CIC is now recruiting an Advanced Nurse Practitioner to join our highly skilled, friendly and supportive team.
The ideal candidate is:
- An experienced and qualified Advanced Practitioner
- Independent Prescriber
- Experienced in minor illness and injury
- Enthusiastic and motivated
Main duties of the job
The Advanced Nurse Practitioner must:
1. Practice, without direct supervision, as an independent primary care nurse/healthcare practitioner within various clinical environments, participating in care of all age ranges and presenting conditions.
2. Undertake assessment, diagnosis, treatment/referral and discharge of patients with primary/urgent care needs.
3. Undertake booked surgery, same day appointments and telephone triage.
4. Autonomously manage caseload of patients with multiple complex chronic long term health conditions within Care home Setting and housebound patients including the review and appropriate action of blood results and referrals/correspondence regarding your patients
5. Will always have access to a GP for advice
Bolton Community Practice CIC is a social enterprise organisation caring for 14,000 patients across 4 sites in the Borough of Bolton. We are a forward-looking, patient-centred practice which strives to provide the highest quality healthcare and achieve excellent patient and professional satisfaction.
We can offer:
- Excellent, competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Weekly paid CPD time + in house education programme
- Paperless practice inc EMIS Web + Patient Online Service
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, the post holder will be responsible for the delivery of medical services to patients registered with Bolton Community Practice.
The post holder will be required to provide medical services from any Bolton Community Practice site across Bolton.
1. Independently prioritise, assess, treat, and safely discharge/refer patients attending with undifferentiated and undiagnosed primary/urgent health care problems. 2. Act as a referral agent and care co-ordinator by establishing multi-agency collaboration across the primary/secondary interface to meet the needs of the patient. 3. Work within the parameters of current nurse prescribing legislation or approved Patient Group Directives.
4. Provide professional and clinical advice within the multi-disciplinary team
5. Maintain accurate, contemporaneous records
6. Discuss patients continuing and acute care with GP if required
7. Maintenance and monitoring of QOF register and local Bolton Quality Contract performance indicators, identifying and targeting appropriate populations in liaison with Doctors to achieve targets
8. Take responsibility for continuity of care for registered patients
9. Prioritise health problems and intervene appropriately to assist the patient in complex, urgent or emergency situations
Research and Quality:
1. Demonstrate evidence based care, working within agreed guidelines and protocols.
2. Take an active role in research studies within the policy framework of the organisation.
3. Participate in audit, data collection and activity monitoring to improve performance and inform future service developments.
4. Attend in house clinical meetings.
5. Attend other clinical / nursing meetings and training deemed appropriate via mutual agreement
1. Actively promote integrated working in collaboration with other health care professionals both within and outside Bolton Community Practice.
2. Contribute to the development, implementation, review and evaluation of clinical protocols.
3. Ensure effective communication, participating in meetings and liaising with other professionals, services and agencies as required.
4. Effectively manage the safeguarding of adults, children, young people and refer appropriately.
Professional and Educational
1. Develop own skills and competencies through education, training and development activities related to the current and future demands of the role, seeking opportunities to enhance skills.
2. Understand and observe professional and national guidelines on confidentiality.
3. Comply with the corporate governance structure in keeping with the principles and standards set by the organisation.
4. Ensure clinical supervision needs are met.
5. Participate in teaching and mentoring other health professionals and members of the multi-disciplinary team.
Infection Prevention and Control
1. Healthcare workers have a duty of care to patients and are expected to comply with infection Prevention and Control (IP&C) policies for personal and patient safety and for prevention of healthcare-associated infection (HCAI). Knowledge, skills and behaviour in the workplace should reflect this.
1. Individuals have a duty of care to children and vulnerable adults that they come into contact with whilst at work to safeguard and promote their welfare and to work to prevent, recognise, respond, appropriately refer and record potential neglect or abuse, adhering to the practices Safeguarding Children and Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults policies and procedures.
2. The post holder must satisfy the criteria of the Criminal Records Bureau as working with children and vulnerable adults.
All employees have a duty and responsibility not only for their own health and safety, but for the health and safety of colleagues and patients or clients within their care.
- -NMC Registered General Nurse- at least 5 years qualification
- – Advanced Nurse Practitioner MSc
- -Non-Medical Prescribing qualification
- -Teaching and assessing experience/qualification (minimum ENB 998 or equivalent)
- -Evidence of a range of clinical expertise
- -Experience working autonomously diagnosing and treating patients
Knowledge and skills
- -Evidence of continuing professional development and application to practice within the last 12 months
- -Working across boundaries able to collaborate and co-operate in multi-agency working.
- -Effective communication skills; verbal, non-verbal and written
- – Knowledge of current clinical and professional issues
- – Up-to-date knowledge of health agenda (local and national)
- -Innovative approach to practice
- – Keyboard/PC skills
- -Awareness of the impact of evidence-based practice within nursing. Basic life support
- -Able to work independently and accountably
- Accredited training in Advanced Clinical practice skills including the management of patients with long term conditions and complex needs
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
For more information about this job vacancy please contact Natalie Preece, Director of Operations and Performance, Bolton Community Practice C.I.C, firstname.lastname@example.org, 01204462954.Connect with Bolton Community Practice C.I.C on Workforce Connect
Bolton Community Practice C.I.C, Waters Meeting Health Centre, Navigation Park Waters, Bolton, Lancashire, BL1 8TU (view map). For more information about the practice please visit http://www.boltoncommunitypractice.nhs.uk/.Closing date: 30/04/2023Job reference: A2966-23-5779Job type: PermanentJob location: BoltonEmployer: Bolton Community Practice CICSalary: Depending on experience