We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic GP receptionist to join the team at Ladybarn Group Practice in Manchester. The post is for 25 hours per week over 5 days, Monday-Friday, and the person must be flexible.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent communication skills both face to face and on the telephone
- Be organised and efficient.
- Have a friendly and professional manner at all times.
- Able to multi task
- Have recent experience of working in a GP surgery
- Will be able to prioritise
Duties will include:
- Process requests for appointments, visits, telephone and video consultations to ensure callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional.
- Opening up/locking-up of practice premises and maintaining security in accordance with practice protocols.
- Processing repeat prescriptions in accordance with practice guidelines.
- Face to face contact on reception, responding to requests from patients, members of the public, other team members and associated healthcare agencies and providers.
- Process new patient registrations and patient removals.
- Using communication software programmes to facilitate effective information sharing between patients and healthcare professionals.
- Dealing with payments from patients and handling petty cash.
- Computer data entry/data allocation and collation; processing and recording information in accordance with practice procedures.
- Providing clerical assistance as necessary to include word/data processing, filing, photocopying and scanning
Essential skills/qualities required:
- Experience of working in a public reception environment
- Experienced answering of telephone calls in a high call volume environment.
- Working as part of a team.
- Good IT/keyboard skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Flexible approach to undertaking a wide variety of tasks
- Flexibility with regards to working hours eg sickness/holiday cover etc.
- Ability to work without supervision
- Awareness of diversity issues and able to work in a positive non-discriminatory way
For more information please contact Phillipa Beck at firstname.lastname@example.orgClosing date: 10/09/2021Job reference: REC/LadybarnJob type: PermanentStaff group: Administrative and ClericalJob location: ManchesterEmployer: Ladybarn Group PracticeSalary: £9.50/hourSalary range: £10,000 - £20,000Other pay band: Other