Pennine Medical Centre in Mossley, Ashton Under-Lyne, is a high earning practice with a good reputation, looking for an efficient GP partner or a salaried GP with a view to partnership. We would welcome any informal requests for further information or a visit to the practice.
We are a training practice and welcome the opportunity for any further career development. Our location is a semi-rural setting on the edge of the Pennines benefitting from easy access to the motorway and rail links.
Pennine Medical Centre, 193 Manchester Road, Mossley, Ashton-under-Lyne, OL5 9AJ (map). Telephone: 01457832590.
We pride ourselves on patient satisfaction and family centric values both for our patients and staff, accommodating flexible working patterns where possible. We are a professional and focused team whilst retaining a friendly and casual atmosphere (no ties required!) and a healthy social agenda. We are happy to support any NHS England incentives for new partners i.e. the current ‘New to Partnership Payment Scheme’.
Clinical responsibilities include:
- In accordance with the practice timetable, as agreed, the post holder will make him/herself available to undertake a variety of duties including surgery consultations and emergencies, telephone consultations and queries, triaging, visiting patients at home, checking and signing repeat prescriptions and dealing with queries, patient test results, patient medical reports and examinations (e.g. Insurance Companies) on behalf of the practice., referral letters NHS/private, paperwork and correspondence in a timely manner.
- Making professional, autonomous decisions in relation to presenting problems, whether self-referred or referred from other health care workers within the organisation.
- Assessing the healthcare needs of patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed problems.
- Screening patients for disease risk factors and early signs of illness.
- In consultation with patients and in line with current practice disease management protocols, developing care plans for health.
- Providing counselling and health education.
- Admitting and discharging patients to and from the caseload and referring to other care providers as appropriate.
- Recording clear and contemporaneous IT based consultation notes to agreed standards.
- Collecting data for audit purposes.
- Compiling and issuing computer-generated acute and repeat prescriptions (avoiding hand written prescriptions whenever possible).
- Prescribing in accordance with locally agreed or national guidelines.
- In general the post holder will be expected to undertake all the normal duties and responsibilities associated with a GP working within primary care.
Practice charachteristics include:
- 6 Partners
- 12,000 plus patient list size
- 2 x Clinical Pharmacists who cover minor ailments
- Newly refurbished building
- Flexible working and the option of work from home session
- Emis web, Docman
- Social Events and Friday breakfasts
- Partner benefit of a sabbatical
- 6 Sessions week
- Competitive salary, including pension and indemnity insurance