Self-care is a vital skill, and to support you in practicing it a series of health and wellbeing webinars are available during February and March 2022 for the Greater Manchester Primary Care Workforce.
Greater Manchester CARE Wellbeing Course
The Greater Manchester CARE Wellbeing Course provides 6 x 30min weekly sessions, to concentrate on self-care and our own wellbeing and resilience. It provides a half hour out just for you and gives you understanding and tools to support taking back control and thriving. Easy relaxation skills are built on week by week so that you become comfortable with the format.
- Thursday 24 February, 12.30-1pm
- Thursday 03 March, 12.30-1pm
- Thursday 10 March, 12.30-1pm
- Thursday 17 March, 12.30-1pm
- Thursday 24 March, 12.30-1pm
- Thursday 31 March, 12.30-1pm
To register your interest for the course, please email email@example.com
Increasing Physical Exercise
Tuesday 15 February 2022, 12-1pm | Add to calendar
Supporting physical exercise with Dr Shamyla Younas, GP, Clinical Director at ABL Health.
- Common perceived barriers
- Dealing with back pain
- Preventing injuries
- Warming up / cooling down exercises
- Opportunities (coach to 10k, park run)
Understanding Emotional Eating
Wednesday 23rd February 12-1.30pm | Add to calendar
Understanding Emotional Eating with Milena Sobesto, Psychotherapist MBACP Psychological Therapy Lead at ABL Health.
- Emotional responses
- Neuroscience of eating
- Physical hunger vs emotional hunger
- Strategies to deal with emotional eating
Dealing with Tobacco Dependency & Cessation
Wednesday 9th March, 12 – 1.30pm | Add to calendar
Dealing with Tobacco Dependency & Cessation with Liz Woodworth, Professional Lead Smoking Cessation Services at ABL Health.
- Nicotine / Shisha / E-cigarettes
- Tips & Advice to support a quit
- Support available including apps
Tuesday 22nd March 12 – 1pm | Add to calendar
Improving Sleep with Dr Shamyla Younas (GP, Clinical Director at ABL Health) & Liam Wilson (Lifestyle Advisor).
- Importance of sleep
- Tips & actions you could take to improve your sleep