To meet the needs of a changing population, adopt important innovations and redesign for greater sustainability, primary care teams across England will need to evolve the way they work. This is a leadership challenge of unprecedented scale and complexity which requires that primary care professionals are inspired, equipped and supported in leadership roles. This has been recognised in successive national policy documents including the General Practice Five Year Forward View and the National Improvement and Leadership Development Board’s “Developing People – Improving Care”.
The NHS North West Leadership Academy (NHS NWLA) has a range of offers that are designed to provide a toolkit of insights, strategies and practical skills that will help primary care leaders step up to the challenges of modern day frontline healthcare provision and the resilience to step forward positively into future challenges.
Programmes and support offers
- Practice Managers Leadership Development Programme
- Leading in Primary Care Networks
- Mentoring (open to both mentors and mentees from across Primary Care in the North West)
- Health & Wellbeing Offers for Primary Care
Co-produced with our cross-sector colleagues these workshops are designed to equip talented senior or aspiring leaders with the necessary skills to navigate the complex challenges and pressures faced within today’s changing health and care systems. The available modules are:
- Effective Chairing Skills
- Leading with Compassion and Moral Purpose
- Handling Challenging Conversations
- Innovation and Creative Thinking
- Influencing and Negotiating Skills
- Change Management