The Greater Manchester Training Hub provide a rolling Clinical supervision course for General Practitioners, Nurses and Allied Health Professionals working at Advance Clinical Practice level, who wish to clinically supervise the wider workforce in a Primary Care learning environment.
Participants will need to work in a GP practice and have their practice approved as an educational environment. The course is run over two separate days with some inter-modular work. It is essential that both modules are completed.
By the end of the course the participant will:
- Have a clear understanding of the role of a clinical supervisor and the primary health care team in learning and supervision
- Have knowledge of the curricula of the persons they wish to supervise and how to identify their learning needs.
- Be able to structure a teaching session for a learner and be aware of basic methods of teaching
- Be able to teach and assess communication skills within the workplace
- Understand the assessments that may be required how to complete them
- Have developed their own personal learning plan related to their role as a supervisor
Apply for the next Clinical supervision course at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/greater-manchester-clinical-supervisors-course-for-the-wider-workforce-tickets-115058675596
- Module 1: 6th November 2020
- Module 2: 20th November 2020