Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership (GMHSCP), working in collaboration with HMR Primary Care Academy and Salford Primary Care Academy are offering an upskilling opportunity through the Foundation Health Care Support Worker Programme.
This opportunity is available to those who are new to the HCA role or an opportunity to upskill staff currently working within a practice e.g. Receptionist / Admininstrator.
- 4 hour Phlebotomy Training 21st, 22nd 25th January and dates TBC for February2021. COVID socially distanced guided group sessions across GM
- 6 hour Accredited E-learning Programme 7th, 14th January 2021, 9.30am-12.30pm. Delivered via a blended module of online self-directed study and a series of live webinar sessions.
- Each candidate will receive support for 12month’s from a Clinical Skills Facilitator to complete these skills and the care certificate
- Support is available for Functional Skills but not a requirement for this programme. If required Functional Skills will need to be attained prior to enrolment on to an apprenticeship advertised on the GM’s Nursing Career Pathway.
Funding is available to support backfill for the individual to complete the 6 hour E-learning Programme and 4 hour Phlebotomy Training of £11 per hour (max total £110)
Practice / PCN commitment
- The employer will support the completion of the Care Certificate.
- It is also the expectation that candidates will be released to complete the training.
- Please note,GM Workforce Bank (provided through Lantum) now includes reception staff and so it will be possible to access staff to support backfill; http://info.lantum.com/greatermanchester_pm
For more information
For more information visit https://gmprimarycarecareers.org.uk/generalpractice/careers/nursing/ or to register for this programme email email@example.com or complete the expression of interest form https://bit.ly/2Kfyz66