Dr Amar Rughani returns to the podcast to share some great leadership and life skills. Dr Lisa Adams and Dr Sara MacDermott spoke to him in a previous episode about the big picture of leadership skills and why they matter.
In this episode they take a dive into the specifics around getting to know themselves and how this can be useful both in leadership as well as their everyday lives. They discuss that what drives and inspires them will energise them, and why being their authentic selves can make for better leaders.
Dr Rughani talks them through how playing to their strengths is the way forward in leadership, but that they need to know their limits and work with other types of key players to help achieve their goals.
Listen to the podcast episode on PodBean at https://www.podbean.com/ew/pb-84iw7-10115fc
- Rughani, A. and Bircher, J. (2020) The Leadership Hike, Shaping Primary Care Together. First edition, CRC Press. https://www.routledge.com/The-Leadership-Hike-Shaping-Primary-Care-Together/Rughani-Bircher/p/book/9780367236984
- Covey, S. R. (2004) The 7 habits of highly effective people. Anniversary Edition, Free Press. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/36072.The_7_Habits_of_Highly_Effective_People
- Macleod, S. (2020) Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs. Available at: https://www.simplypsychology.org/maslow.html (Accessed: 21/04/2021).
- Glasser, W. (2020) Quickstart Guide to Choice Theory. Available at: https://wglasser.com/quickstart-guide-to-choice-theory (Accessed: 21/04/2021).
- Pendleton, D. (2016) The Primary Colours® Model. Available at: https://www.edgecumbe.co.uk/the-primary-colours-model (Accessed: 21/04/2021).