Dr Lisa Adams and Dr Sara MacDermott are joined by Dr Uma Marthi a GP with a special interest in Gynaecology to discuss some common gynaecological presentations in young girls up to teenage years.
Dr Marthi discusses her approach to vaginal bleeding in neonates, vaginal itch in toddlers, breast development and vaginal discharge in teenagers.
Listen to the podcast episode on PodBean at https://www.pckb.org/e/common-gynaecological-presentations-in-the-young/
- The British Society for Paediatric and Adolescent Gynaecology (great patient leaflets): https://britspag.org/
- Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology guidelines: https://www.rcog.org.uk/en/guidelines-research-services/
- NHS Resources example, Vaginal Discharge: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaginal-discharge/
- Primary Care Women’s Health Forum: https://pcwhf.co.uk/
- eLearning for Health, Female Genital Mutilation Module: https://www.e-lfh.org.uk/programmes/female-genital-mutilation/